Time: 1 hour Difficulty:Medium Rations: 4
Pie dough: 300 g of flour, 1 sachet of baking powder or 15 g of fresh yeast, 100 ml of olive oil, 100 ml of warm water, 1 pinch of salt and 1 egg.
Filling: 1 rabbit, 2 onions, 1 red pepper, 1 green pepper, 2 carrots, 3 cloves of garlic, 2 bay leaves, 30 g of raisins, 200 ml of white wine, olive oil, pepper and salt.
1. For the dough, mix the warm water with the yeast, add the flour and add the oil and salt. Mix and knead until you get a fine dough. Let rest; covered with a tea towel, in a warm place, until doubled in volume.
2. Chop the rabbit, season it and brown it in a pot with a little oil. Then add an onion, the carrots, the chopped garlic and the bay leaf. Water the whole with the wine, bring to a boil and add a little water. Cover the pot and continue cooking until the rabbit is tender.
3. Separate the sauce from the rabbit, strain the broth and let it reduce until it has a sauce texture. Bone the rabbit, cut into small cubes and reserve.
4. Chop the other onion, the red pepper and the green one before poaching them in a pan with a little oil. Add the rabbit meat, the previous vegetables of the stew and the reduced juice.
5. Divide the dough in two and roll it out with a rolling pin. Grease and flour a mold, place the dough base and add the filling. Close with the rest of the dough, joining the base with the lid. Next, brush the pie with beaten egg and bake in a preheated oven at 180ºC for 30-40 min.
TRICKS AND TIPS:
This recipe is ideal for the whole family because the rabbit it contains is tender and clean, already boned. For the empanada dough to acquire the proper consistency, it is recommended to use a strong wheat flour. It is advisable to accompany the empanada with a varied green salad.
With this pie recipe, rabbit meat, one of the leanest and richest in protein, is introduced into our diet in a very balanced way. The dough of the pie provides carbohydrates, the peppers stand out for their high content of vitamin C and the onions and carrots for their antioxidant compounds and a multitude of vitamins and minerals.
NUTRITIONAL CONTRIBUTION PER RATION:
Energy: 642 kcal / Proteins: 21 g / Carbohydrates: 67 g / Fat: 34 g